Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Rough engine idle 2&8 cal random misfire : Land Rover disco

Customer Question

Rough engine idle 2&8 cal random misfire
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: Land Rover disco 2
JA: Got it. What model and year?
Customer: 01 discovery 2
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am having a flashing check engine light ... Idle in is rough
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with this type of thing. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have changed oil pump timing gear & chain,spark plugs,wires & coil crank position sensor
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Land Rover?
Customer: Yes the previous timing belt was stretched before I changed it also oil pump had some damage
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so you will want to rate me with EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

The rest of the techs must of been busy doing other things like myself today. I believe I can help. Just let me know, do you still need help?