Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

I actually have a 2004 Land Rover Discovery that won't blow

Customer Question

hello! I actually have a 2004 Land Rover Discovery that won't blow cold air out of the main air vents - it only comes out of the windshield vents but it is cold at least :)
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: Land Rover Discovery
JA: Got it. What model and year?
Customer: 2004
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: sure! for some reason the heat and AC work fine but only come out of the windshield/defrost vents... it's hot or cold but the regular face vents will be cold but not blow out any air
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i'd love to as it's a great vehicle and i gotta travel on Saturday for the holiday lol
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Land Rover?
Customer: everything else seems to work just fine - i've only owned it for a week tho lol
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Hi .

This issue is due to a known typical door actuator misalignment ,or even the actuator that controls the door position .

Landrover diagnostic scan tool has the ability to reset the system and reposition the doors , if the alignment reset does not work then you have a sticking door or bad actuator .

Not much you can personally do as the A/C box id behind the dash and if any repairs are needed to the doors the dash has to come out in many cases .

But a reset is normally the repair for this issue .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.