Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Auto Ac was not cooling in my 1981 corvette (converted to

Customer Question

Auto Ac was not cooling in my 1981 corvette (converted to 134) and the Compressor was making noise. I reclaim the 134, replaced o-rings, compressor (new) & dryer, flushed the complete system. Put everything back together, vac to 30, left for three days (work) came back, vac was still at 30, revacced another 45minutes. Began to fill with r-134 12ox can (10oz freon) and the system would only take about 1/2 can and very slow, so I bypassed the two wire a/c pressure switch so clutch would engage. still the same results. pulling my hair out as I have done many complete auto a/c systems. Any thought...??/
Category: Car
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

how much total freon did you get into the system>

Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

the system holds 3 lbs of r 12 that means you install 80% of 134 to fill the system.

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it took only 1/2 of a 12oz can of R-134. Will not take any more or very slowly and I have the clutch enaged vis bypassing pressure switch.
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

is the schrader valve working correctly???

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not think of that since I was able to pull 30 psi of vaccum but I could replace those esily enough.
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

make sure they are working. you may be vacuuming only the hoses and not the ac system in the car

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is a thought, my thinking is that is not it but I will replace and email you back. If it is not the schrader valves, what's your thoughts.... could an evaporator cause a blockage?
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

no, it should still take the freon.

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts.

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will not forget, headed to get the schrader valves and check if that is correct solution. email you back.
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

ok