Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

1999 Silverado 5.3. Air-conditioner does not blow cold.

Customer Question

1999 Silverado 5.3. Air-conditioner does not blow cold. Freon has been added and you can feel the coldness of the components under the hood. The air-conditioning light comes on when the air-conditioner is put in the on position. Seems like the Hot/cold switch is stuck in the hot position.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Above the transmission tunnel under the dash is the temperature blend door motor. Can you remove it and see if the door will manually move and control the temp. Confirm with the key on the brown ire is power and the black wire is ground. Verify 5 volts on the gray wire. If all of these pass then a new temp actuator should be installed. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris