Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

On a 97 VW Golf GTI, where would I find Ground "G

Customer Question

On a 97 VW Golf GTI, where would I find Ground "G 132," its supposed to be on the engine block, but where?I'm trying to find the cause of a speedometer not working at all, except for a few minutes, when first starting to drive.Your help is very much appreciated,Peter
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI, which engine - 2.0 or 2.8L
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Eric,
It's a 2.0 liter engine
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI, VW doesnt have a diagram of location. According to my wiring schematics, it states the ground for the vehicle speed sensor for the speedometer is on the rear of the cylinder head
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.