CHRIS ZAPANTIS
CHRIS ZAPANTIS,
Experience:  AUTO TECH at G&M EXXON
83135375

I get one click when I try and start my 2002 isuzu rodeo.

Customer Question

I get one click when I try and start my 2002 isuzu rodeo. The battery seems fine, I am thinking either the starter or ignition switch
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Over the past few months, I have had to turn my steering wheel and jiggle the key to start my engine. Now it won't start and I get one click. The battery is fine.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just testing battery so far. Now I was going to locate the starter and maybe take it off and into parts store so they can check it
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your isuzu?
Customer: The belts squeeze upon start up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 8 months ago.

Hello Im chris and I will assist you.

When you usually get one click like that is the starter 90 percent of the time. Check for constant power on the thick wire going to starter, then check for a crank signal on the thing wire while someone is cranking the key. If you have both its a bad starter. Sometimes they start if you hit them.

Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 7 months ago.

Please rate me so I can get credit for my time. Thank you.