Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

How to set base idle on suzuki swift 2006 manual m15a JA:

Customer Question

How to set base idle on suzuki swift 2006 manual m15a
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Suzuki. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Someone has removed the throttle butterfly idle stop screw.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: So need to reset that again. Ics is working fine. Throttle body has ben cleaned. It idles ok but is hard to start unless throtle is used. So that's why I think butterfly needs to be set to just open and reset base idle?
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Suzuki?
Customer: All been fully serviced all plugs coils and injectors arr working fine. Compression is fine. The pre cst o2 aensor needs to be replaced according to faulr codes.
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. Do you now have a throttle stop screw installed into the throttle body? Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello? Do you now have a throttle stop screw installed into the throttle body? Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gday Chris,
I can't read your reply.
I paid my $5 deposit
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm, interesting. I sent a reply asking you if you now have a throttle stop screw installed in the throttle body. Let me know if you can see this reply. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Were you able to see my reply now? Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
G'day Chris,Yes I got your reply.With the throttle stop no installed it is idling above 1000rpm, normally about 700.I guess I need to know the initial base setting for the butterly at idle stop, then if it requires to set base idle at that butterly setting, for the ICS to regulate.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for replying back. What needs to be done is to connect a digital volt meter to the TPS and then adjust the screw untilthe voltage is around .58 to .62 volts. Connect the black lead of the meter to a good ground (earth) and the red lead back probed into the centre wire of tye TPS connector. That should get the base idle set properly. Try that and let me know how it goes. Chris