sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My daewo nubira SW hatch door wont lock and then light will

Customer Question

My daewo nubira SW hatch door wont lock and then light will stay on and battery drains ? What are my options
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The problem may be the latch itself, the hatch or striker may be misadjusted, or it's possible that the linkage could be held in a state where it's unable to lock. The latch itself would be most likely.Is the lock cylinder turned fully to the lock position?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Cant get key in all the way to lock . Also , on looking. at exterior area i needed alot of penetrating spray to finally get the outside latch mechanism to move .The latch itself wont move despite these adjustments
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.
If the latch pawl itself won't move then the latch will need to be replaced.