Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I have a1978 alpha romeo. I took out the electric fuel pump

Customer Question

I have a1978 alpha romeo. I took out the electric fuel pump and ordered a new one. The old one has an extra port which I is not included on the replacement pump. I double
checked all of the various models for my application and none of them have the extra line attached, which is a return gas or pressure line. if I plug the extra line would the new fuel pumpn work properly? I can't find and replacement pumps that are designed with the 2nd hose attachment. please advise
Category: Car
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 6 months ago.
Hi there.All anyone would ever need to know about how to replace that original 3-port pump with a new 2-port is included in the attached PDF. Please have your mechanic go through it. I'll be back Monday after lunch EST to answer any questions he still may have.Kindly accept and rate my answer if you think the information I've provided was useful. Otherwise, please reply.Best Regards.