Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Thanks help yesterday after I put the car back together new

Customer Question

Thanks for your help yesterday after I put the car back together new timing chains etc. Car runs and sounds good in idle but after I press the gas it immediately shuts off, Can you tell me what I should check it's seems like something simple, I check vacuum lines already
Category: Car
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 5 months ago.
Hi Winston,Only things that come to mind right away that can make the engine do something like that are MAF and TPS. Have you got all your grounds nice and tight?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What those abbreviation stand for
Mass Air Flow sensor on the air intake from the air filter to the throttle body.Throttle Position Sensor on the side of the throttle bodyIs the check engine light coming on and staying on?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Check engine light never come on but it's showing a P1000 on board code
P1000 means OBD-II monitors have not completed after erasing codes. So, I'm thinking there were codes that got erased, but the vehicle was never driven afterwards through a Ford Drive Cycle.There have been multiple issues with these 5.4 engines stalling or cutting off on acceleration - Ford is getting sued over those issues. Was that condition present before you did the timing chain?