Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

Fiat Pop 500: - I have a 2014 FIAT POP 500. The dealership

Customer Question

Hello - I have a 2014 FIAT POP 500. The dealership I just visited had to CHANGE MY HORN as it was not working properly with sound. NOW I have a problem with my KEYFOB. It used to make a horn chirp noise when I LOCKED the door, and now it does not. They tell me my model car does not have this programmable feature, yet I have had to car since it had 19 miles on it and it has chirped all along. It is really frustrating. Please tell me you have some sort of special code or steps I can take to make this work again....
Category: Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.
hi sorry to hear about your problem , give few minutes to research it, may I ask what the dealership did again, they only changed the actual horn because the sound on it was not right like when u blew the horn and they just replaced it with a new horn and that solved that problem ? thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you.... Is the dealership reallly relevant? It's the worst dealership in the region.... DAYTON ANDREWS CHRYSLER/FIAT - Clearwater, FL.... I have researched this for months with no luck... I would really prefer an answer in confidence from a FIAT specific mechanic...
The dealer can program it and you can buy hardware/software to change the programs and codes too. I believe you need to take it back and have that feature programmed back in , if they disconnected the battery it could have lost the programing , don't accept them saying our car doest have that feature ask to speak to service manager and nicely tell him what happened and that feature worked since you had the car from 19 miles on odometer.Unfortunetly the programing is not something you can do yourself since it involves using a diagnostic scanner to read the convenience control module and code these features back in it .
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my horn works fine now....That is why I took it in
do you have another fiat dealership close to you u can take too?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The dealership has caused other vehicles in my car harm as well (they have broken compionents in engine when leaving, etc..) I have no faith in them at all especially since they are obviously very bad with their knowledge and break things they fix... The service is awful there and the next Fiat dealership is 75+ miles away
The manager is no help.
wow I m really sorry
do u have any foreign car repair auto around you can trust and has a diagnostic scanner ,an experienced tech should be able to do it if he has proper equipment , I wish I can tell you a manual procedure for you to do it, it just does not exist , you need the scanner to communicate with that module and enter your preffered coding.
But your keyfob is still working as far locking and unlocking the vehicle is that correct? , you are just missing the chirp sound that tells you its locked and secure. that is the purpose of the chirp sound ,some people that sound annoys them , so they made it, where it is a programble feature. you probably had a tech that installed the horn and disconnected battery and he did not know or bother to reprogram the chirp.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I believe that is what has happened... they have no idea or willing to accept what they have done... Yes the keyfob works fine and locks doors... it just doesnt chirp anymore...
IF I was you I will go back there and tell them ,this feature worked before and you did you research and its a programble feature on this car , especially since you been hearing it from day one you had the car.
Unfortunatley I m in south Carolina , too far but I have the equipment to do that , if this vehicle came to my shop I can do it in about 30 min.Your next best thing is an independent shop . what is your town again? , I can try to do some research about the repair shop in your area that could be close to you and can do it ,I cant promise I will find one but I can check online and maybe give them a call & describe the problem and see if they have what u need to resolve the problem
Hi,Hope you were happy with my service,let me know if thee is anything else you need ,A 5 STAR Positive Rating is Appreciated.Thanks