Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I am trying to replace the lift hatch struts in my 2005 SRX,

Customer Question

I am trying to replace the lift hatch struts in my 2005 SRX, but I cannot find a way to remove the tail light, which seems to be my first step
JA: Working tail lights are so important for a safe drive. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have just the tips you need for a quick fix. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: Thank you
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have the lift hatch popped up with a pole. I am looking at the tail light because the struts go down in behind the light. There are no screws visible I do not know how to remove the tail light so i can get behind there to replace the struts on both sides
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, i just need to know how to remove the tail light assembly
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have already told you everything
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know?
Customer: please get him to answer my question
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
It is showing that you are waiting for me. Let me send this as a test, thanks