Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Land rover lr3 se: I have the OTC fuel injector kit and need

Customer Question

I have the OTC fuel injector kit and need to know where to attached on the 2008 Land rover lr3 se
Category: Car
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
V6 4.0L Ford based engine.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The fuel rail / fuel hose location doesn't match guides and information
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 9 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Are you asking how to check the fuel pressure?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have the OTC fuel injector cleaning kit, Kit 7448, and it attaches to the fuel line, shop air, and with the fuel pump disconnected you run the vehicle on cleaner. I need to know where to attach.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I attached a picture of the kit.. did you see it?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
All the material I can find is for the V8 jaguar version and unable to find for this Land Rover with the v6 ford engine
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not need a call but am looking for response....
This kit has a shrader valve connection on the end, correct?If so then I show your model does not have this fitting. They were phased out around 2005 on most all vehicles. On vehicles without this shrader valve on the injector rail we have to disconnect the fuel supply line to the injector rail and connect there. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No it has a bunch of connectors, but most common is a barb connection that ties into rubber fuel line and secures with clamp
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need to know where to access that fuel line.. All the schematics I can find are for the more common V8 engine which is quite easy. The V6 engine on the SE model I cannot find the location to tie into the fuel line.
I found another image that may indicate yours does have a shrader valve. LR does not indicate one. Look at the image below.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/purge.pdf
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I found this previously while searching online and it doesn't match the vehicle.
I was worried it may be an image from a previous year even though it said 08. Can you disconnect the fuel line at the back of the engine or under the vehicle on the frame rail.