Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic
Experience:  25+ years experience as an auto mechanic.

Chev Silverado: 2009 Chev Silverado p/u 5.7. Have oil puddle

Customer Question

2009 Chev Silverado p/u 5.7. Have oil puddle under where cab meets the bed right side. No other leaks under engine, other than normal weeping points. Only after a drive, makes puddle, then nothing. No spotting on tailgate or bumper. Only spotting on bed to cab area. Minor with dust collected. Nothing visible drip point. Only guess is a leak which flows somewhere internal to frame or body but no drip point. Engine oil down 2 qts
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
It's hard to say, but it seems to me as though it's leaking from the engine, one because the engine is 2 quarts low and 2, because you said it's motor oil but it is odd that it is way back there. I assume you are going to have to lay on the ground or creeper and look and follow the leak or pool maybe even feel across the top of the frame rail to find it's source. It's impossible for me to tell you where it is leaking from unless you can after you find the spot send me some photos.