mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

I have a 01 Isuzu when I put it in gear stalls JA: Whether

Customer Question

I have a 01 Isuzu when I put it in gear stalls
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery? Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: No car stars fine but soon as you put it in gear stalls
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have scanned and there's no codes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Im a mechanic myself but this truck is kicking my butt. I've changed torque converter flush and changed transmission fluid
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Isuzu?
Customer: If its off the ground on jack stands it goes but soon as I press on the brake stalls
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  mike switzer replied 5 months ago.
have you checked the tcc solenoid to see if it is stuck on? that would cause the torque converter to be locked all the time.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've changed torque converter
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If I raised truck off the ground and put in gear it goes on every gear up to 75 like its set up on cruise control
not the torque converter but the lock up solenoid inside the valve body this is the solenoid that controls the torque converter.
that is fine if it is off the ground the engine has no load on it. and that is why it is going through all the gears. and it will go through all the gears if the torque converter is stuck on. the tcc is what commands it on. if the vlave body it worn and fluid is bypassing the solenoid it will command the clutches in the torque converter on and cause your issue. and not set any codes.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Which one will that be
i am guessing you have an isuzu rodeo correct. what engine do you have in that?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it took a bit of digging but i found it. in the first picture there is a small valve body in the front adapter housing it is numbered 71 in picture 2 it shows that valve body from the first picture up close it is solenoid 416 you need to look at. the third picture is just showing that 416 is the torque converter lock up solenoid.
if you have no further questions i would appreciate if you took a moment to leave me a rating. as this is how we are given credit.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've changed the valve body the small one and the big one. Still having the same issues