Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

96 cadillac El dorado: I have a '96 cad Eldrorado. It has

Customer Question

I have a '96 cad Eldrorado. It has the cross way engine. I had to replace the starter which is under the intake manifold. This entailed removing all of the stuff on top of the engine.
On reinstalling everything I put all new o-rings on the injectors and new intake manifold gaskets. Everything seemed to go well and the engine runs perfectly except now service engine light comes on. I can remove the yellow engine light but it will come back on again the next day or two. The engine still seems to run perfectly.
I disconnected the fuel lines to do the repairs-- could I possibly not have pushed them back together tight enough or ?
I have to have the car inspected by state to renew the license next month so everything has to be good on the emissions test.
Thanks for your time.
Category: Car
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 6 months ago.
Hello Im Chris and I will assist you.
Im sure it has nothing to do with fuel lines especially if it runs good. You either caused a vacuum leak or left a sensor disconnected. Can you scan the car for codes?