Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

What would cause me not to have any power on my ignition switch

Customer Question

What would cause me not to have any power on my ignition switch ,instrument panel ,no door chime or anything .I have a dome light and a 12v cig light with power
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** is the year,make and model of this?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's a 2005 Ford F150 5.4 engine is a XLT
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I unplug the battery putting new cam sensors and now all I have is dome lights and the power charger for your phone
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 months ago.
it sounds like a bad ignition switch, since all you lost was key power, do you have a test light or a volt meter? I can help you diagnose this,Tim
Expert:  ronald-cssm replied 8 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/car/9p78d-cause-not-power-ignition-switch.html). Thank you, ***** Support Team.