Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

Suzuki Grand Vitara: my Suzuki grand vitara 2004 recently started

Customer Question

my Suzuki grand vitara 2004 recently started to stall especially when coming to a stop at junctions or traffic lights. When re starting the engine if feels like it has not much power but will kick in & run ok. it feels like it is missing a beat or hiccups! can you give any suggestions?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
HI there,Is the check engine light on when it's running?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
OkI would suspect you may have an issue with the mass air flow sensor. If you try unplugging it, then driving the car and it stops stalling, I would then replace it. This is the sensor that is bolted to the air cleaner housing. Unplugging it will make the check engine light come on, so do not be alarmed. This is just a test and we may have to do more, but start here and let me know please.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No - not that I've noticed when it is running.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
Not sure if you got my response or not so I will re send it.OkI would suspect you may have an issue with the mass air flow sensor. If you try unplugging it, then driving the car and it stops stalling, I would then replace it. This is the sensor that is bolted to the air cleaner housing. Unplugging it will make the check engine light come on, so do not be alarmed. This is just a test and we may have to do more, but start here and let me know please.