Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

Hummer H2: I have a 05 H2 recently it overheated while my son

Customer Question

I have a 05 H2 recently it overheated while my son was driving it. He turned it off and let it set for a while and was able to drive home without any overheating. The next day we brought it in and had the thermostat changed and radiator flushed. It was fine for a day and then started to overheat again. I brought it back to the same mechanic shop and they are suspect of a cracked or warped head....Any insight or suggestions
Category: Car
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,If they are suspecting a cracked and or a warped head they can check this by performing a engine block test. Its a fairly simple test to run and it will check the cooling system for any signs of Hydro-carbon which will be present in the cooling system if the heads and or the gaskets are leaking. I would have this test performed before you let them consider pulling the heads. See the steps to perform the block test in the link below.