Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager
2947720

Scion xb: i have no low beam headlights on my 2006 scion XB. i

Customer Question

i have no low beam headlights on my 2006 scion XB.
i had them consistenly then for a short while, they would go in and out. now it is consisent that when the low beams are on, the parking lights are all on but the headlights are not. they work fin on highbeam, but I cannot use highbeams all the time
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .That could very well be in the switch, but would have to be tested to be sure. If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I already paid $25 I dont want to pay an additional $10 that may be enough for a relay or a switch.
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.
Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating..I see, thanks. I could also put the tests in a drop box file and post a link if you like. .
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.
I have the instructions in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page..https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlqymy7pvkajzta/Headlight%20switch%20tests.pdf?dl=0. Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** .
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.
Also, you will want to check the relay just to be sure. I have that test at the following link, thanks https://www.dropbox.com/s/yc0ms0rx57fl859/HEADLIGHT%20RELAY.pdf?dl=0.location of relay, here https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jvv32ct6vr0z7d/Relay%20location.gif?dl=0.Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.
Did you get that?