Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes
10437779

I have a 2006 range rover sport supercharged HSE and it

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2006 range rover sport supercharged HSE and it barely starts up, or in the morning doesn't start up i have to play with it. I got the codes and they are p0579, p0430 and p0420... Do you know what might the problem be. Thanks
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: range rover
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing just got the codes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Does the engine crank normally when it does not start? What do you do to get it to start?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No it doesn't i try couple times then it starts.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
OK I would first recommend we check the battery and cable connections to make sure they are clean and secure. Next see if moving the shifter will cause it to start. I suspect we may have a battery issue or problem with the power or ground cable. Let me know.