Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My remote key will not lock or unlock my 2004 range rover

Customer Question

My remote key will not lock or unlock my 2004 range rover how to get it to work
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If your remote does not lock or unlock the doors and you have replaced the body control module and have the same fault here this can be due to an internal electrical fault in the remote key itself needing replaced.I have seen the remote key fail in the past before causing issues like this here and had to replace it to correct the fault.If this was already replaced or checked into and found not to be the cause here let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete