Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

Eric this is john l was talking to you about acceleration

Customer Question

Hi eric this is john l was talking to you about acceleration problem . After replacing app and throttle body and clearing the codes the car went fine for about 5 day's but now it is doing the same thing ,
Is it possible it could be a sensor
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,The only components of the throttle system are the app sensor, the computer, and then the throttle body. With it working for 5 days and then happened again, I suspect either a wiring issue at the app sensor or throttle body connector, but could need the computer reflashed with newest software. Start by checking the wiring at the connectors for being loose and then go back about 4" from the connector on the wiring to check for chafed wiring or crimped and repair as needed. If wiring is ok, I would have the computer reflashed with latest nissan software
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Could it be possible to have a broken wire in the loom were it goes through the firewall
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,Possible, but very, very, very rare. If they are broken, it is normally within about 4" of the harness connector to the component