Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair
13677702

I have a 1993 GMC K2500 Suburbn with approx 135,000 miles in

Customer Question

I have a 1993 GMC K2500 Suburbn with approx 135,000 miles in GREAT shape. I am replacing the damaged trailer electrical connector. Everything has gone well except I no longer have +12 V at the connector to maintain trailer battery while driving. I can not find a listing for a fuse for same in generic GMC truck manual. Any suggestions ?
Robert
Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 7 months ago.
hello, there is not a fuse, there is only a fuse link, A fuse link is a soft short piece of wire at the junction block, They are different colors, when one blows? it may melt in half or may not. so,, you have to get to all the fuse links, look close at them, then if none burned in 1/.2? you locate each end of the link, grab hold of each and and pull and IF it stretches? it is burned inside, Parts stores sell fuse links. Here is a diagram showing location of the links, They all hook to the jucntion block on the firewall