Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Masserati Grantursimo convert: ...just bought a used 2011

Customer Question

Hi...just bought a used 2011 Granturisimo Convert with 6,000 miles. I took off the plastic trim (3Pieces) to detail the motor. After cleaning,I left the plastic pieces off because I am taking it to a local mechanic tomorrow for a filter and oil change. I closed the hood and now
it won't open. I can't see how the plastic surround pieces make a difference because there is a hole cut out for the hood latch. Can you help?
Many thanks
Rich
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. The plastic pieces may have supported the hood bumpers to take pressure off of the release latch(es).Try having someone push down or pull up on the hood back and forth while you try and use the release lever to release the hood latches.This sometimes works.If this does not work here let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete