Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager
2947720

The power steering fluid is milky like rust mixed with the

Customer Question

The power steering fluid is milky like rust mixed with the fluid
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: It's cause the car to overheat what could that be? I need to change the power steering pump?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: 2001 Cadillac Deville DTS
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your car?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .The power steering system, or fluid won't cause it to overheat. It may just need to be flushed. Does the power steering work normally?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
01 Cadillac Deville Dts
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The car makes a noise when I turn
Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.
I see, thanks. That could be the power steering pump but it may help to flush it first to see if the noise goes away. It could just be the fluid is contaminated..Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating..Does the engine overheat though? You may want to check that first..
Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.