Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Ive owned this car a year anything possibly wrong maintenance wise I take care of

Customer Question

Ive owned this car for half a year anything possibly wrong maintenance wise I take care of. But a couple days ago I was driving the car and it had overheated. I looked under the hood and the bleeder valve had given out on me and coolant level was extremely low I wasn't due for another oil change for another 3,000 miles. So I replaced the part and still had the same situation. Except this time the heater stopped working. So next step the thermostat was replaced. I made sure to bleed the system and I am still having the same issue.
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI, Ok, to clarify, what is current problem - overheating or no heat, or both? Did you bleed it by Landrover directions? Does the temperature reading go up and down, fluctuating as you drive?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Overheats, blows cold when heater is on and temp gauge goes all the way to red after it turns on for about 30 min
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,Have you verified that the engine fan is operating? Is the check engine light on?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes the fan is running and no the check engine light is off
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI, Have you check the heater hoses yet? If not we need to do that. Crank engine, turn the heater on high and let idle for about 10 minutes. Are both hoses hot, one hot one cold, or both cold