Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

My smart car ignition switch is locked and will not

Customer Question

My smart car for two ignition switch is locked and will not turn
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a car. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My 2009 smart car for two ignition switch is locked.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I know it something simple
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your car?
Customer: I got air duster and blew air into switch to make sure the nothing in ther
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can turn the wheel it does not lock but it is park
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This can be due to an internal fault in the ignition cylinder/switch itself.I have seen this fail before in the past needing replaced for this issue here.If this has not been checked into to see if it needs replaced this needs done. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete