Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 99 rodeo ls and my no.6 plug wasn't firing. I had

Customer Question

I have a 99 rodeo ls and my no.6 plug wasn't firing. I had a skip in it when I mash on the gas. So I went tothe junk yard and cut the connect end off and splice the wwires together. Now all it does is turn over but along start. Just like the starter not catching.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: Isuzu
JA: Got it. What model and year?
Customer: 99rodeo Ls V6
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Hoping and praying
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Isuzu?
Customer: No it was running fine untill I cut the wires
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,I'll try to help you.You had no spark on NO 6 coil, so what have you done now?Your description is a little vague.Gary
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The spark plugs where canged along with the injector but i pulled all the connectors off and the motor would die down when the connector was disconnected. So i would pull the 6 cynlinder off and the motor ran steady. So i figured the connector was bad. So ehen i got back home i let the motor cool off. Once cool i cut the three wires to the connector splice the wires and put another one on. Now all it does is turn over but wont start. Im going to try the fuses tommorow then i dont where to go from there
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hello again,You are saying that when you disconnected each coil, you could see each one made a difference, but NO. 6 made no difference to how the engine runs, is that correct?The engine is misfiring on Cylinder no.6, it could be spark, injector pulse or compression, has all of this been checked?Did you have the ignition on when you cut this harness?Did you cut the wires one at a time?Gary
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes I cut all three on the number 6 connector. Once I put the wires back together it wouldn't just turns over and it's like the starter's not catching. It sound like it wants to start but doesnt. Like i said im going to get all new fuses and see what happens then. If it dont start ill give you a call.
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Ok, I would say you have blown a fuse.I'll await your reply.Hope you find something.Gary