Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2012 Grand Vitara. the evaporator tank is leaking into the

Customer Question

2012 Grand Vitara. the evaporator tank is leaking into the inside of the vehicle. I checked the drain and drain tube and all is clear. I believe that the seal for the drain port coming out of the tank may be bad. I'm not sure this is worth the effort to remove the system to attempt to get to the drain valve. However, there is an electrical wire that runs into the tank. What is this for? Does it control a release valve?
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: would like to
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your car?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. The wire is for the evap temp sensor. On the engine side of the firewall try clear window and bath silicone to seat around the drain. Quite often the seal fails and the condensation goes out of the vehicle but gets blown back onto the seal and into the cab. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris