Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Suzuki SX4: all, I have a 2008 Suzuki SX4 the car cranks

Customer Question

Hi all,
I have a 2008 Suzuki SX4
the car cranks but do not start
usually the car cranks twice and subsequently it starts.
i've noticed that when i turn the switch on all lights in the dashboard lights up except the check engine light.
I've checked all the fuses in the fuse box and they were all ok,
any help please?
Category: Car
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have scanned the car with a OBD2 scanner and got no fault detected system passed
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure (51 to 56 PSI) . In order to determine why the engine will not start you are going to need to check each one of these thing to see which one you are lacking. Once you determine this, post back with the results and I will help you determine the cause.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi ron,spark seems to be ok i still need to test the fuel pressure
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Okay and while your at it also make sure you have injector pulse. Post back when you can and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Ron,
The car do not have injector pulse and no spark on the spark plugs
is there any circuit breaker somewhere else in the car which feeds the the computer ?
I've checked all the fuses in the engine compartment below the dashboard at the driver side all were ok
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
If you take your 12 volt test light and or a volt meter are you getting key on voltage at the injectors?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no it is not getting the key on voltage at the injectors
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
The computer gets power from the IGN fuse located in the interior fuse panel, have you checked it to see if its blown. See the wiring diagram in the link below for reference.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/ECM%20fuse%20May%209.pdf