Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

I have a 2007 mini cooper. I have no power in my 12v plug.

Customer Question

I have a 2007 mini cooper. I have no power in my 12v plug. I believe it is a blown fuse. I can't locate it's locate on the fuse diagram. Plz advise.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: Mini cooper
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a 2007 mini cooper. I have no power in my 12v plug. I believe it is a blown fuse. I can't locate it's locate on the fuse diagram. Plz advise
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have the fuse box cover off. There is a fuse diagram on the inside cover but it is all symbol not words. I can not find the fuse for the 12v plug.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.
Hi there,It looks like fuse #15, I believe it's in the box inside the car but cannot be 100% sure. The wiring diagram isn't very clear on the actual box it is in.It may also be labeled F42Let me know
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
F42 is a 20 amp fuse and it is ok. Any other ideas as to a solution to the problem?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.
The other fuse is F44 but it looks like it's the power source for the rear power outlets.Are both power points out? Lighter and the power supply for the 12 volt charger/plug?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The problem was the fuse in the charger to the phone, not the car. Sorry
Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.
I see, well glad I could at least help you locate the fuses for next time.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.
You're very welcome!