Kurt Kennedy
Kurt Kennedy, ASE master with L1
Experience:  Shop foreman at Auto-Lab of Texas
93876653

My car suddenly won't start, it cranks and a few lights

Customer Question

Hello, my car suddenly won't start, it cranks and a few lights are on (CST, Lock, Brake, F1 Gear Malfuction, in the closter it goes from a triangle with a warning to getting stuck in the rough road mode, any ideas?, greatly appreciated. F430 2006
Category: Car
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 7 months ago.
Sorry to hear your F430 is having some weird issues. First and foremost on any electrical issue, no start issue we need to check the battery and make sure the battery is charged and well. when a battery gets borderline failing, they tend to some pretty crazy things just like what you are experiencing. Do you have a Digital volt ohm meter, (DVOM) or a way to test the battery?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello; I read about the battery in some forums and changed it myself yesterday but no luck, left the key open for a while to see if it would reset, turn off and on several times, did not work; checked this morning and still has the same messages; wondering if there is a reset procedure
There is no reset procedure for a situation like you are having. Are you able to hook up a scan tool to the vehicle to see what faults are stored in the car? Has the inside of the car been wet recently, or any repair work done recently? Thank you.
Have you been able to see if the vehicle has any codes? Thanks