Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a 1989 mulsanne s I am unable to open the trunk, I can

Customer Question

I have a 1989 mulsanne s I am unable to open the trunk, I can hear the lock turn but the trunk still will not open? I tried the trunk release button in the glove compartment without success
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This can be a fault with the trunk latch itself.I have seen the trunk latch fail in the past before needing replaced for this issue here.This will have to be checked into/tested further to be sure that this is the cause here.In some cases this can take a lock smith to open the trunk with their tools and in other cases the trunk lock cylinder has to be drilled out to try and manually release it then replace the latch and cylinder. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thx we figured this info ourselves. Please do not continue to charge me for this service. It took forever to answer
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Your welcome.Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself. Thanks Pete