Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
17930070

I have a 2005 Porsche 911 with 130K miles on it. Dealer

I have a 2005 Porsche 911 with 130K miles on it. Dealer offered me 15K for it. Is that good deal? If not, can anyone recommend the best way to sell it? I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Thank you!

Thanks for taking the time to ask your question today. It looks like your Porsche books for trade in to a Dealer mid-range is 16,239. Please keep in mind that this is because it is convenient for you (they have to perform any repairs and clean up to get it ready for resale) and that they are looking to make money.

Was this offer made to you way to low? Do you owe more than the $15K offered?

How bad do you want to trade it and/or get the new car?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't owe anything. I don't need to trade it in or get a new car, but the mileage is getting up there and they are expensive to fix.

Smart man. But on the flip side, so do others that are gonna purchase it. Selling to a Dealer like Autonation (where they will just outright buy it from you) has it's convenience but the offer will be on the low side. There are other places like Shift.

You can try Craigslist or online at sites like instamotor or cars for cash. The real decision is how much effort you want to put into this. I know craigslist can be touchy because you know, meeting people and trying to sell a Porsche.

I think I would just wait until you are ready and then just negotiate a better deal from the Dealer when the time comes. It just safer.

Does that make sense?