Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

My Ferrari California roof is down and when I try to put it

Customer Question

My Ferrari California roof is down and when I try to put it up, it says roof obstruction....however as best I can tell, there is nothing obstructing the roof. What do I do?
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. This is usually due to a fault with one or more roof position sensors sending an incorrect signal on what position the roof is in.I have seen these fail before several times in the past needing replaced.What has to be done from here is to have a scan tool or computer plugged into your model that can read all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done the affected position sensor/switch is usually replaced.The scan tool/computer is also used to monitor the position sensor signals to locate any at fault needing replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete