Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

AMC Pacer: I have an AMC Pacer 304, 8cyl. I want to add an

Customer Question

I have an AMC Pacer 304, 8cyl. I want to add an HHO generator. However, there's so much back and forth controversy about them, I don't know who to believe. First, I would like to know if they work or not. If not why? Also, How much HHO must I generate to really make a difference in mileage? How much HHO can I put into the motor before it starts to get dangerous? Is there any particular brand or model of generator that you would recommend?
Category: Car
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.By now you have probably done quite a bit of reading on many of these HHO devices but let me ask you, how many people do you know that use one on their vehicle? Maybe 1-2 if you are in a club or associate with others about this device?In the many years at Repair shops and Dealers I have seen a few dozen which makes it less than 1 per year. I have seen just as many engines ruined by these devices and Owners who never got them to work. It's the modern day version of snake oil.You know how they work... they are supposed to break down water into Hydrogen and Oxygen molecules and then you run the engine using the Hydrogen to increase MPG. Simply put, these devices cannot produce enough Hydrogen to even make a dent into the fuel needed to increase your MPG of a vehicle that isn't even designed to run on Hydrogen. Does that make sense?Here are a few links to articles by people much smarter than I..Popular Mechanics and a few link to others Fuel Saving Products that people purchase....Car and DriverConsumer ReportsPlease let me know if you have more questions and I'll see if I can help. Please keep in mind that I have no dog in this fight and am not trying to sell you anything (i.e. take your money) Keep that in mind with people telling you that any gas savin g device works and is trying to separate you from your money. Heck, we could buy every device, install them all and get like a million miles per gallon.