Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

Isuzu Trooper: Fuel pump on my 96 trooper with a 3.2 has no

Customer Question

Fuel pump on my 96 trooper with a 3.2 has no power i have power at the relay no power at the fuse
Category: Car
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 6 months ago.
Hi there.Please understand that all I can do from where I am is offer you my technical knowledge and guidance; it is you, using the right tools, who can fix your vehicle.Fuel pump fuse F10 (15A) gets current from the Fuel Pump Relay (FPR) only when the relay is energized.During normal operation, the onboard computer (PCM) receives a wake-up signal from the ignition switch and immediately applies current to FPR terminal 3 from pin E13 via a Red/White wire. It keeps the FPR energized for 2 seconds, then stops applying current if it doesn't see a signal from the crank sensor telling it the engine is turning.When the FPR is energized, terminals 1, 2 and 3 should have current; terminal 4 is permanently grounded. If FPR is energized and still there is no current to the fuel pump fuse F10, check the fuse box for an internal open circuit.Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding this issue.