Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2011 range rover sport JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more

Customer Question

2011 range rover sport
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Can we chat on the phone or only through here?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. There is a fee to chat on the phone above what the fee is you have already paid to discuss here through typing. I would need to know more bout your issue to see if its a concern i could address over the phone or not. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have an issue with a 2011 range rover sport. The check engine like was on and my mechanic checked it and there was some corrosion on the wires in a blue connector box right next to the battery. He thinks it's because maybe some battery acid got in it? I was wondering if you've heard of this and now trying to fix it we are having a problem finding this blue connector box. What would you recommend in going about fixing this...do you have a suggestion or know how we can get the blue connector box?
I show this part only a dealer item. So a replacement must be ordered from the dealer. Yes it is possible for battery acid to come out of the battery and corrode a connector. If caught early the area can be cleaned to neutralize the acid, remove the corrosion and seal the wiring with Di-electric grease to prevent further issues.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We have been on the phone with the San Diego land Rover dealership and they have been no help for a week in ordering a new part or any help at all. Do you have a dealership you like to use or do you know what exactly the part is that I need to order?
It would be best to take pictures with your to the dealership. The parts person can then look it up on the screen much faster. A dealer tech would see the parts person and get a print out from there screen to compare to the vehicle and point out the part needed.