Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I .happen to NOT ride my clutch. I have driven standards for

Customer Question

I .happen to NOT ride my clutch. I have driven standards for 35 years. Why am i changing a clutch kit EVERY YEAR on my 92 Nissan Extera? Can driving it occasionally at high speed in*****drive cause this? Is it strictly a result of city driving? I drive only 3500 miles annualy.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Does your clutch kit include a clutch plate, and pressure plate? It has to be slipping to burn up the clutch. Is your flywheel warped? Is the pressure plate worn and not pressing the clutch disc hard enough? Is there oil leaking onto the clutch? Is the release bearing to tight up against the pressure plate? Driving in 4wd does not burn up the clutch any faster than normal 2wd use. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris