Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Cummins ISX: Fault code fix! 2004 ISX PID 95 FMI 4. Fuel filter

Customer Question

Fault code fix! 2004 ISX PID 95 FMI 4. Fuel filter differential pressure sensor voltage low or shorted to low source. Where is the sensor(s) location? What are the testing procedure?
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. Inspect around the filter and fuel injector rail for this sensor as sometimes this is where it can be located.Look for any shorted or damaged wiring that may need repaired to correct this here as this is a common issue for the low voltage or short code that sets.You may have to trace the wiring to see if any issues are found needing repaired.If all wiring is found to be o.k. then I suspect the sensor itself will need replaced for this fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
After lots of research I found out our shops current code reader was giving the wrong description. I now know that the description should have been for the EGR differential pressure sensor. If I could get the testing procedure for that sensor that would be great
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Unfortunately I do not show the testing procedure for this myself here.This may be a fault with the EGR valve itself or carbon build up in the ports for the EGR flow as this is most common and needs checked into.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The EGR valve has been replaced and carbon build up has been checked. No excessive build up was seen.
Engine ser # *****
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete