Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2002 Ford Focus SOHC engine The Crank pulley is

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Ford Focus
SOHC engine
The Crank pulley is wobbling on the crank and I removed it to find the key way
partially busted away which is causing the pulley to also ship slightly one way then the other
I had a mechanic replace the oil pump and water pump and the crank bolt was tight
but the pulley was not tight against the timing gear so i would bet that was the reason
for the wobbling. So I ordered a new crank pulley with bolt and key, however I am afraid they left a spacer out, the fling washer is there but what I need to see in a micro fish
of that assembly area
Category: Car
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.
Hello. What's your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but what I need to see in a micro fish of that assembly area
a micro fish? Is it a diagram your looking for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I believe a spacer or washer is missing causing the pulley bolt to not tighten up against the pully but instead bottoming out
Ok, your pulley presses fully onto the crankshaft and all the way against the timing belt pulley, right? At that point, does the drive belt fit on right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, why
There is usually a rather large washer on the harmonic balancer bolt. Does your bolt have a rather large washer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
has a large thick washer, there is also a slinger behind the balancer, I need to see a microfiche lie the one from ford to see if
anything is missing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok the belt guide washer is in the wrong place it was not behind the pulley it was in front of it
so the problem now is How do you remove a stuck lower timing pulley
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should have said
ok the belt guide washer is in the wrong place it was not behind the timing gear it was in front of it
so the problem now is How do you remove a stuck lower timing gear
With the timing belt removed, the gear should side right off. If it wont slide off, you may need to use a 2 or 3 jaw gear puller
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have you ever worked on one of these there is no space or an area behind the gear to do that
I was hopping you had the experience to have actually worked on these Please pass this on
to someone who has had to replace these gears
I have done hundreds of timing belts. I will gladly opt out of your question
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Would you like me to help you?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because no rating was selected and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris