Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

So I have replaced the key and ignition on my 03 Range

Customer Question

Hello, so I have replaced the key and ignition on my 03 Range Rover. The key has been programmed to the car. The car recognizes the key and turns all the way to the point where it should start the car but the car doesn't even turn over. What would be your thoughts?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yeah.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: It was a used key and ignition. The person that reprogrammed the key with work with Land Rover when Land Rover dealers have issues.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your questionOk, unless the immobilizer light is staying on solid after 10 seconds or blinking, this is not a key/immobilizer issue and we will need to check the ignition switch, brake switch, transmission range switch, and starter to find where signal is lost.