camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

Ford E450 blower motor issue. The blower motor do not change

Customer Question

Ford E450 blower motor issue. The blower motor do not change speeds, it only works on low. replaced motor and resistor and still no luck. don't know what else to check, please help.
Category: Car
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.
hi there,im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech.what year is your e450? and is it automatic or manual hvac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a 2003. I think is a manual hvac.
ok. thanksgive me a few mins and let me have a look at the wiringcam
the low uses the same ground input as the other speeds, so i would check the ground signals for the other speeds at the resistor.if the other wires into the resistor are not receiving a ground from the switch, than it could be the switch itself. you will have to remove the switch and check for the other speed signal grounds at the switch connector itself.if they are present, than it will be a wiring issue between the switch and the blower resistor.i have included a wiring diagram for you. please let me know if this is not the correct diagram, as there are a few diffferent ones.but the wiring colors at the switch will match the ones at the resistor
let me know how you make out, and if you need any more assistance id be happy to help!cam
hi therehow did your repair go?