Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Chev impala: I have an interlock system on my 2006 chev impala

Customer Question

I have an interlock system on my 2006 chev impala from Nationwide. They are suppose to have the best interlock out there. I pass the blow test but my car will still not start 50% of the time! The installer doesn't know why and Nationwide keeps saying their device must be incompatible with my car! They have replaced the control box two times and I still cannot start my car even though I have always passed the blow test. I have a new battery and that is not the problem. I do have a battery maintainer wired into my battery as the car used to belong to my great grandmother and she did not drive it enough to keep the battery charged. The installer states the maintainer should not be causing the problem. Do you have any suggestions? Nationwide keeps telling me to change companies, but how do I know any other interlock will not do the same thing.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The car starts fine with the interlock off. My father drove it for two days with the system off and it started every time.
Expert:  Amedee replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Would you be willing to speak on the phone? Can I start by getting your VIN number? Thank you!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Vin 2G1WT58K469196276
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My phone number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Amedee replied 8 months ago.
Please accept my offer and call me now
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't want to pay anymore, so please email me your response.
Expert:  Amedee replied 8 months ago.
Ok, I do need more information from you. When this no start condition occurs, does the engine crank over and not start or does it not crank over at all?
Expert:  Amedee replied 8 months ago.
Have you checked for codes in the computer?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We haven't but assume the installer did. He states he has never had this problem with a car before.
Expert:  Amedee replied 8 months ago.
Can you ask him and find out? I need to know all of the details before I can point you in the right direction.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I guess I will have to ask for a refund as the installer lives 100 miles away and says he has done everything he is suppose to.
Expert:  Amedee replied 8 months ago.
Sounds good