Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

I have an 2007 Aston Martin V8 vantage and it has a R in the

Customer Question

I have an 2007 Aston Martin V8 vantage and it has a R in the middle of the dash board and is lit up and making a loud noise? My boyfriend is driving home with this going on and he doesn't know what this means ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hello If the R is the same as the gear position indicator that normally illuminates when your in reverse then I'd say that there's a problem with the transmission? as its an automated manual on this car and uses a series of motors to select the gears that would be selected with a manual gear leverI'd say it would be wise to park the car and have it recovered as if it has a gear selection issue and selects reverse whilst travelling at speed then it can crash the car as it locks the back wheels sorry to be dramatic but based on the information you've told me its better to be safe than sorry
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you