sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I need to locate where the radiator fan control module is located

Customer Question

I need to locate where the radiator fan control module is located in my 96 acura tl so I can locate the wiper relay to replace it
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with AC issues. It could be something as simple as a blown fuse, or something slightly more complicated like a condenser. Any weird smells or rattling noises?
Customer: No
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to AC guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Fine I just have no wipers
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I have changed the wiper switch and motor so now changing the relay but can't locate where it is
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Car
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 11 months ago.
2.5 or 3.2?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
3.2
It's behind the right side of the dash. Here is a picture showing it's location. Please let me know if this is what you were looking for. RADIATOR FAN CONTROL MODULE
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So up above the glove compartment
Yes. Here an actual photo of what you will be looking for. RADIATOR FAN CONTROL MODULE
Hopefully that helps you. If not please let me know. Please don't forget to rate my service so i can be compensated. I greatly appreciate it. Follow ups are always free after rating my service.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He is having a problem locating it all he is seeing is the computers and 2 relays
I can't be certain what 2 computers you are referring to, but I assume it is the TCS and ABS. What he is looking for should be very close to those.
He may have to remove the screws in the bracket and lower it down to gain access to the relay.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That didn't work he found the relay but the wipers r still not working
Ok. I am not sure why the wipers aren't working. I though the question was for guidance to locate the relay. Has he checked to see if he is getting power at the wiper motor?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is power to it it moves slightly but nothing more and the wiper motor and wiper switch was changed as well
There could be a problem with the linkage binding. Has he run the motor with the linkage disconnected?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes and that's not working either
The new wiper motor is working exactly the same as the previous motor was?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes
Ok. I am not sure what is happening. I am going to open this question up so the other experts can view it. Maybe one of them has seen this before and will know where to go from here. If someone knows what is happening they will respond right here.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Brian
I think the relay he should have been looking for is the intermittent wiper relay which is located in the engine compartment. Has he already replaced that?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It doesn't have the intermittent adjust on the switch
See if this relay exists under the hood in the engine compartment. INTERMITTENT WIPER RELAY
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That relay doesn't exist in my car unfortunately
OK. I'll open it up to the others. If someone knows, they will reply right here.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thank you we are stumped on this
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If there is power at the motor then the location of the relay is unimportant because the relay is what supplies power to the motor.Has ground to the motor been tested?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes the ground has been tested and there is power now to the motor but the motor and switch is not working
If the motor isn't working then it has either lost power, ground, or the motor has failed.What were power and ground tested with, how was it done specifically and on what wires?