sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Bentley continental spur speed: I have a 2009 flying spur speed,

Customer Question

I have a 2009 flying spur speed, that has 2 horns and one is not working. dealer mechanic wants $800 to repair/replace.. and says its very complicated needing to remove front bumper? car only has 10,000. I suspect its a loose wire, or easy fix I should be able to do.. help !
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It's possible that the wire has come off of one horn but that would be very unlikely unless someone had already been working in the area, there was body damage or something of that nature. The connector locks on and isn't going to come off during any normal operation. It's possible that there could be a corrosion issue at the connection, but either way testing is going to require removing the bumper cover to access the horns. Once the cover is removed then the wiring can be inspected and a test light used to see if both horns are receiving power. If so then the horn assembly will need to be replaced, if the affected one actually isn't receiving power then the wiring break should be in the close vicinity of the horn since they are both powered by the same circuit.If it's something you're looking to repair yourself then the first step is going to be removing the bumper cover for access.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you help me identify front bumper, versus bumper cover? and what tools will i need to remove the cover? is it difficult? sketch or photo would be great. thanks,.. regards,keith in miami
The bumper cover is the part that you see. The actual bumper is under the bumper cover (fascia).You'd need an assortment of standard hand tools such as sockets and it would most likely take you around 3-4 hours to remove and install the bumper cover. It isn't really difficult for a professional but is pretty involved for a do it yourselfer without a hoist and experience. This is the bumper cover.