Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Are the Camshafts or the reluctors different between a 2006

Customer Question

Are the Camshafts or the reluctors different between a 2006 ly7 3.6 engine and a 2007 one? what about the sensors. I swapped engines from a 2006 cadillac CTS into my 2007 Suzuki XL-7. i used all the original suzuki sensors. the car runs fines but throws codes for all 4 camshaft sensors as soon as it starts
Category: Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The engine takes about 15-30 seconds of constant cranking to start, when it does it immediately throw 4 codes p0343 p0368 p0348 p0383. All the 4 camshaft sensors are reading too high. If i unplug the sensors nothing changes, hard start , same codes, but it runs and drives fine. My suspicion is that the camshaft reluctor wheels are different on the engines but I cant find anything online that confirms that.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I dont show the difference as well on this here but usually you can call a dealers parts department free of charge and have them check the difference in part numbers for the cam sensors,cam reluctor wheels and cam shafts between the two engines and they can tell you for sure which parts are and are not compatible.I suspect one of these here are going to be different if not all and would need swapped over to correct this issue.If this is not an option for you on this let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete