Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

2006 Bentley Arnage R While driving over bumps or small dips

Customer Question

2006 Bentley Arnage R
While driving over bumps or small dips in the don't feel like a soft bounce. ..I feel every feels a small jerk.
What do you think...or is that nornal?
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If your model has the air suspension system it sounds like the suspension is to stiff or raised to high.If your model has a button to raise or lower the suspension manually check and make sure you are not in the raised position.If all of this is o.k. you may have one or more air suspension struts at fault needing replaced or an issue with a level sensor that is sending an incorrect vehicle height level.

You would need to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Then from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.I would have the shocks and level sensors checked for any signal or wear issues needing replaced.Air suspension is a little stiffer then hydraulic but should be soft on impact.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete